Owning a small business is challenging. Promoting your small business is essential to your business’s lifeline and growth
Here are a few tips on how you can promote and grow your business:
- Find out who your customers are and where they spend most of their time. Is it Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok or Twitter? Data indicates that African online consumers buy mostly from Facebook and Instagram
- Show off your products on your social media platforms. Have some photos of people using or holding your products so that your audience can visualize themselves with your product
- Build an email list. Everyone is busy these days. Customers may love your products, but they have short attention spans. If you don’t stay in contact, people move on to more engaging companies. That’s why it’s a good idea to ask customers to subscribe to an email list.
- Ask for and Share reviews and testimonies. What are people saying about your product? Let others know why they should buy from you. You can also Set up accounts on popular review sites, such as Yelp, and ask loyal customers to write about you
- Offer referral rewards. Give loyal customers a reason to keep saying good things about you. Offer a discounted product or service to bring you new business. Word-of-mouth marketing is priceless
- Use paid advertising on social media platforms. It can make the selling process easier because the platform shares your content with your target audience
- Get influencers to share their results from your products with their followers
- Host a class or demo. Sometimes, it’s more profitable to give without expecting anything back. Talk to your customers about common obstacles or questions they have. If you sell tools, clients might have questions about the best way to clean gutters or put up shelves. Customers might ask a craft seller how to work with certain materials or fix sewing mistakes. Whatever you know, use it to build trust with customers.
- Have strong keywords throughout your website, and add locations to your keywords as well. If someone were to search “thrift stores’ there would be a lot of competition that comes up across the country. However, if you add a location such as “Phoenix thrift stores” your search is more direct and you will have much less competition.