Lately, many people are working full-time jobs while also working a side hustle. People start side businesses to earn some extra income, others to act as a fall back solution just in case they wake up to no contract renewal or loss of job
There are no special features on people that start side businesses. In fact, at the back of your mind, you’ve been thinking about that business idea for quite some time. Quite frankly, starting a business is not an easy task. But if others have done it before, then you can too.
We are here to tell you to stop creating excuses, stop procrastinating! Go make it happen!
Take some of these steps to start.
- Share your idea with your friend: Our friends are our accountability partners. Encouragement and advice from a friend will remind you to get out of your comfort zone. If you’re both aspiring entrepreneurs, sharing an idea could kick off a business partnership perhaps
- Join entrepreneurial groups: Thanks to social media, there are many groups you could join. Look for groups of people you relate with, with the same ideas, people already running your ideal business. You’ll be surprised how surrounding yourself with similarly-minded, motivated people will spark your hustle. Focus on your network, build your network, your network is your net worth!
- Set a timeline for it: Sit down and set a timeline for achieving your goal. Write it on several sticker notes and pin them on your bedroom wall, work desk, car; just place them in visible spots where you can see them several times a day to give you reinforcement
- Educate yourself about your ideal side hustle: Learn, read, stretch your mind and continuously build skills on how best you can execute your side hustle. Many people could be doing the business idea you have, but the way you present it, the innovation approach you place in it will make it unique for your market
- Find a successful mentor: We all need mentors in our lives, not any ordinary mentor but a successful mentor. A successful mentor will guide you on the best moves to make. A successful mentor will connect you to the right people. A successful mentor will channel your aspirations in the right direction. Need we say more?
- Take a huge step and start: DO NOT QUIT when it gets hard. There is no strength without challenge, adversity, resistance and pain. Dream big and work hard, to be alive is to become a person that you were intended to be. Get out of your comfort zone.
Good luck, and keep us posted. We’ll leave you with this quote from Paulo Coelho
“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”