We all have daily, weekly, quarterly and yearly goals. They could be written down somewhere on a piece of paper or in a journal or on a sticker note or they could be in your head. If you don’t have any goals, wake up my friend. If you want to succeed, you need to set goals
It’s easy to set goals. Actually no one sets goals with intention not to achieve them. Trouble arises in implementing activities to achieve these goals.
Here are a few steps to take to ensure that you reach your goals with ease;
- Establish your goals: Your goals need to be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound). Your implementation intention needs to specify when, where, and how the goals will be achieved. Set goals that are achievable, set goals that motivate you!
- Action Plan and Staying on track: Staying focused can be especially hard when you are anxious, tired or distracted. You need to avoid any interference of negative environmental influences and protect yourself from negative thoughts or unpleasant emotions that may derail you as you move toward your goal. By writing out the individual steps, and then crossing each one off, you’ll realize that you are making progress towards your ultimate goal.
- Get rid of all unproductive activities: To achieve certain goals, you need to first get rid of unproductive habits and activities. How much time do you spend scrolling through social media? Are you hanging out with the right people? How much do you read or educate yourself?
- Remain positive, embrace the unknown: The path for attaining goals is never a straight one. You need to sacrifice time, sleep, and energy. You need to put extra effort, you need to work extra hard to attain your goals. Learn with purpose and repeat until learning becomes unconscious
- Reward yourself: For each step that you accomplish, celebrate yourself, take yourself on a date, reward yourself. It will give you energy to work towards your next step
- Find an accountability partner: Having an accountability partner is fulfilling. If you don’t want to tell everyone that’s fine, but choose at least one person. Such people cheerlead us and caution us. You need one!